I can not tell you how much I am enjoying this season right now. Although currently living here in Germany and mornings can be very foggy, Autumn is showing its best side and bluest skies. Warm and sunny days with the perfect temperature and oh all these colors outside. It´s just marvelous. And of course the best part: I can eat even more pumpkin every day.
I try to to be outside as much as possible with my dog Capper to absorb the last sun in this year while trying to accomplish all the plans I made for pumpkinupyourlife. Since I found what I love, I really am just doing my best to keep this going. I have to admit that I am not a very patient person, at least not when it has to do with me. I want to (or have to) trust more in the process and all the little steps it takes you finish something. Sometimes I wish I could just snip with my fingers and what I planned would be done in just a second. Or I should just learn to more patient 🙂 Whatever comes first.
This time I won´t talk to much blabla and hand over my recipe of this sweet pumpkin butter with roasted hazelnuts, served on my favorite ALNATURA pumpkin seeds bread that I fried in coconut oil. Oh yes, delicious as it sounds.
I am sure during this fall season one or the other pumpkin will come along your way. And in case you really have no clue what to do with it, this is a great easy, healthy and vegan recipe that you should try. I am not 100% vegan, but when I can I really try to avoid using animal products and for this pumpkin butter that is made super easily.
SWEET VEGAN PUMPKIN BUTTER WITH ROASTED HAZELNUTS
- 300 g pumpkin puree (Hokkaido)
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil + 1 tbsp. for roasting the bread
- 100 g grounded hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3-4 tbsp. Agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Cut an about 1 kg Hokkaido pumpkin into half and remove the seeds using a spoon (I used in this recipe a green Hokkaido – great nutty taste and no need to peel!)
- Use just one half of the pumpkin and bring it to a boil in a sauce pan filled up with water.
- Let cook on medium heat about 15-20 minutes. Stick into pumpkin with a fork to test if its ready cooked. Once it is soft, remove from heat and pure pumpkin over a sieve to remove the water. Let cool.
- Using a hand blender or a food processor puree the soft cooked pumpkin until you have smooth mixture.
SWEET PUMPKIN BUTTER
- In a small pot melt coconut oil on low heat. Once liquid pour over pumpkin puree and stir until combined.
- Add cinnamon and Agave syrup (or other sweetener) and mix ingredients until mixture gets shiny and smooth.
- In a pan roast the grounded hazelnuts over medium heat until light gold brown. Make sure to stir gently constantly, because they can burn very quick.
- Once there is a delicious roasted hazelnut smell in the air, remove pan from heat and add to the pumpkin puree mixture. Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pumpkin butter is storable up to 5 days in the fridge.
COCONUT OIL ROASTED PUMPKIN SEED BREAD
- In a pan melt the coconut oil on medium heat and add 2 bread slices.
- Roast each side 2 minutes. Until gold brown.
- Remove from heat and spread the pumpkin butter over your bread slices as much you like. Optional add some grated dark chocolate or/and hazelnuts over it.