When it comes to Autumn I immediately start to think about pumpkin and the huge number of recipes I know. Unfortunately there is too little time to share all of them at the same time with you what I wished to do. So we, or I, have to be patient. One recipe at a time. Now is the perfect moment to share with you one of my favorite recipes that contain pumpkin. Pumpkin cupcakes with Mascarpone frosting and cranberry sauce. They are delicious, trust me. The spices in it make them taste like autumn and the Mascarpone frosting is the perfect combination topped with a sweet cranberry sauce.
In this time of the year I spend my days mostly in the forest with my dog and taking him for a long walk. And me for a walk, too. Watching the trees changing their colors is just so magical. There´s a reason why October is called “golden”. Being outside in nature is one of the best things for me. No matter which problems your are struggling with, walking through the forest make them seem so small and unimportant. Nothing else matters then. It is just a blessing for body and soul. I can see it my dogs face when he can run and jump all over, playing with sticks I throw for him. I wish he could be there whenever he wants to.
At the moment my days seem like they just don´t have enough hours. I get up early to enjoy a good breakfast and then I go and take my dog for a long intense walk outside in the forest. Minimum for one hour. Then I get home again and get ready for work. To earn a living I am working currently in a small Bagel Café. When I am done there I pick my dog from my sisters place, because she is taking care of him while I am earning some money. After food shopping, my dog and I go for a long walk again. Most of the times again in the forest. Perfect to end a day of work. When I get home I immediately start to bake something or planning about it. Trying out new and old recipes. When I am happy with it I start a shooting. As far as the light is my friend and I have plenty of it.
So, some days I am pretty exhausted, but I love doing the recipes and the photography. I really do. I am hoping that one day I will be able to just do that. Until this is going to happen I keep on doing my best and learning new things every day.
I love my blog and the fun that comes with it. But sometimes I have so many ideas that I don´t know where to begin. Maybe I am getting too passionate about it. There are days when I would like to do a thousand things. But a day has just 24 hours and I have to stay focused on one thing. So I made myself a To-Do-List. The last months of this year and my favorite season will be packed up with delicious recipes and more photography.
Pumpkin cupcakes with Mascarpone frosting & cranberry sauce
Recipe makes 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 500 g Mascarpone
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 pckg. vanilla sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cranberry marmalade
- 3-4 tbsp cranberry juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180° C and grease and sugar a muffin baking pan
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat until foamy and glossy pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil & sugar.
- Combine pumpkin-egg mixture with flour-mixture and mix until combined completely.
- Divide batter equally over baking pan that you should have greased before.
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes. Check on your batter after that time. If a toothpick comes out clean they are ready to remove from the oven.
- In a mixing bowl beat Mascarpone for 1 minute.
- Sieve in powdered sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Until serving store Mascarpone frosting in the fridge.
- In a small pan heat up cranberry marmalade. Keep on medium heat.
- Add cranberry juice and cinnamon.
- Stir until combined and keep on adding juice until you have the consistence you like.
- Let cool.
When muffins are completely cool, cover them with the Mascarpone frosting and top with cranberry sauce. I added some dried cranberries. That´s optional.