Summertime is ice cream time. I am sure everyone will agree. And fall time is pumpkin time. But these days I felt like that I didn`t want to wait for my pumpkin anymore. I wanted to make my own coconut milk pumpkin ice cream. It was time for the first pumpkin recipe on my blog!
I went to the health food store, because I knew that they sell pumpkin almost 365 days a year. Sure I knew that it would cost probably the double of the regular price when it is pumpkin season, but I was willing to take this sacrifice.
I don´t have an icing machine but it worked nevertheless. Pumpkin and coconut milk are a very good combination. Adding lime & nutmeg (just a hint) refine this ice cream. They make the taste special.
The ice cream will get hard in the freezer. It has then a crunchy and creamy consistence. So remember to take it out a while before serving!
Pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin – calabaza calabaza calabaza (in spanish- I adore this word)
p.s: I had a lot fun shooting this recipe. Someone had to eat the melted ice cream. That someone was me…
Vegan coconut milk pumpkin ice cream with lime & nutmeg
- 1 l creamy coconut milk
- 1 pumpkin (I used Hokkaido)
- lime juice
- nutmeg (in a whole or grounded)
- 1/2 cup (or less) agave syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- Cut & core your washed pumpkin. You can leave the shell when you use a Hokkaido pumpkin. Cook it until it is soft. Give it into a sieve and let cool for a moment.
- During pumpkin cooling time beat the creamy coconut milk until foamy.
- Add agave syrup. You can add as much as you want. Depending on how sweet you like it (I added about 1/2 cup)
- When pumpkin is cooled puree it until totally fine. Add it to the coconut milk and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Finally add 2 tbsp of lime juice, a pinch of grounded nutmeg & coconut flakes. Mix everything well.
- Use a big flat baking dish. Cover the ice cream with cling film and leave it in the freezer for a few hours ( at least 2).
Listo! I hope you enjoy the recipe and let me know when you tried it out.