Welcome to Club Tropicana
Club Tropicana, drinks are free,
Fun and sunshine, there’s enough for everyone.
All that’s missing is the sea,
But don’t worry, you can suntan!
Wham! Club Tropicana
This recipe idea I got from my friend Katharina who is currently mastering life and enjoying freedom in New Zealand. She is an incredibly talented photographer. You can see by yourself by clicking the link above. We went to school together and we had a really really good time. Oh lord, how I miss this girl…<3
She told me about this recipe about making yoghurt from coconut milk. I had to try it, because I do like coconut so much and yoghurt mixed with Müsli and fruits is just the perfect breakfast and start in the day. I would never leave home without a good breakfast. You might know what they say:
“Eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess and dinner like a pauper!”
So I decided to try this recipe which sounded so easy to make. It is not made in an hour, but a good thing is worth waiting for. So you have to be a little patient.
And what is coconut yoghurt without tropical fruits like pineapple, kiwi, melon & papaya!? Add some crunchy cacao coconut flakes and tadaaa. This should be the perfect recipe for a healthy and super delicious breakfast.
What you´ll need:
2 cans of biological coconut milk, Argar Argar, yoghurt cultures (ferment) & a little bit of time. Fruits (optional and those you like) & crunchy flakes. I´ll also add how you can pimp your (spelt) oatmeal to get that tropical feeling.
For the yoghurt
- 2 cans (800 ml) coconut milk
- 3 tsp Argar Argar
- 1 package yoghurt cultures (ferment)
Note: You can buy all the ingredients in the health food store.
For the crunchy cacao flakes
- any kind of flakes (I used spelt oatmeal)
- 1 package creamed coconut (coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pure cacao powder
- coconut flakes
For the yogurt
- Heat up the coconut milk until almost boiling. Remove from heat.
- Let the milk cool until room temperature is reached.
- When cooled stir in the Argar Argar until combined.
- Go on with beating in the yogurt cultures.
- Give the yogurt mixture into glasses. I used “Weck” glasses¹
- Leave the yogurt in a well-temperatured room and cover them with a clean kitchen towel.
- Now be patient for about 12 hours (or longer)
- Put the yogurt glasses in your fridge to get a creamy consistency.
¹For the right fermentation the glasses has to be sterile. So clean them before with boiled water.
Don´t worry if your yogurt is still a little too liquid after 12 hours waiting. It will get more creamy after fermentation and a while in the fridge!
For the crunchy oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 225° degree.
- Roast the coconut flakes without any oil in a pan until gold brown. Set aside.
- In a big pan heat up coconut oil until melted.
- Stir in cacao and honey.
- Beat all the ingredients until they are a liquid mixture. Set aside.
- In a oven suitable pan spread the oatmeal flakes and mix with the coconut flakes.
- Cover the flakes with the coconut oil mixture and put in the preheated oven.
- Now wait until the flakes get crunchy but not too brown. Time depending, so check regularly.
To complete that tropical breakfast I decided to use pineapple, papaya, kiwi, bananas & melon. Of course you can add any kind of fruits you like and wish to have in your yoghurt.